Jigsaw Puzzle Shaped Cookies
Yes...I am just about willing to try anything when it comes to jigsaw puzzles so why not jigsaw puzzle cookies too!
This was a real fun jigsaw puzzle project and tasted delicious if I do say so myself. They were a big hit in my house. And even I was impressed with the taste seeings how I dislike the kitchen much less baking too.
I was very lucky to locate these the jigsaw puzzle cookie cutters and baked the following cookies for Christmas.
This is by far THE most delicious shortbread cookie recipe I ever tasted.....feel free to give it a try even without the jigsaw puzzle cookie cutters. Look below for the link to download a printable copy of this recipe.
Old Fashion Shortbread Cookies
Pre Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
Serves 3 - 4 dozen depending on size
- 2 cups butter (1 pound) at room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup corn starch
- 3 cups flour
- Maraschino cherries or baking gums for the centers (optional).
- Cream together the butter and icing sugar very well until very smooth and creamy. No lumps of butter should be visible.
- Blend in the vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour and corn starch.
- Blend slowly into the creamed mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Split dough into 2 equal round portions.
- Wrap the dough rounds in plastic wrap and chill for a couple of hours at least.
- You can freeze one of the cookie dough portions for later if you like.
- This dough will also last in the fridge for 3-4 days so that you can bake a few up at a time and enjoy them fresh from the oven if you like.
- To bake the cookies preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to a little less than ¼ of an inch on a lightly floured surface. Use a 2 inch cookie cutter (or holiday shaped cookie cutters) to cut out the cookies.
- Place the cookies on the parchment paper a half inch apart. Add a half maraschino or glacé cherry to the center, or a baking gumdrop if you like.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they just start to turn brown at the edges.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container
Courtesy of www.rockrecipes.com
Now if you would like to download and/or print this recipe sheet please CLICK HERE
Shaped Jigsaw Puzzle Cookie Cutters
OUR POSTS MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS! IF YOU BUY SOMETHING THROUGH ONE OF THOSE LINKS, WE'LL GET A SMALL COMMISSION, THANKS