Preamble Intro: Using good lighting, puzzle trays, puzzle mats, and puzzle scoops can greatly enhance your puzzling experience. Adequate lighting reduces eye strain and ensures you don't miss any intricate details. Puzzle trays keep your pieces organized and prevent accidental mixing, while puzzle mats enable you to safely store and transport unfinished puzzles. Puzzle scoops make sorting and picking up pieces effortless. These tools not only streamline the process but also add convenience and enjoyment to your hobby. Embrace these puzzle accessories to create a comfortable and efficient puzzling environment, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the joy of assembling your favorite jigsaw puzzles. (ChatGPT, personal communication, July 15, 2023)
Jigsaw Puzzle Accessories: Over the years, I have had an opportunity to try different lighting with jigsaw puzzles and discovered that overhead lighting which is slightly off to the left or right is my best solution. While using different puzzles under different lighting, I noticed puzzles that have a sheen or shine could be tricky. But also, on the puzzle image itself, especially puzzle images that are actually photos, the shades in the photo tended to be tricky and not 'true' to the color image box compared to the puzzle pieces.
Then with tables, I find that standing works best for me as it saves strain on my back for reaching over to the top of the puzzle or having the task of turning the puzzle. That said, puzzle tables NEEDs to be at the correct hight too.
I have had matts sent to me for testing. Matts also make for great storage 'tools' when your puzzles needs to be moved from the kitchen table. I recommend you try the Grateful House mats because the matt tends to be solid, thick and does not slide.
I have been gifts trays and tray samples have been sent to me. I do find them useful but my preference is to lay out all the pieces onto a foam board.
I tested the Puzzle Scoop and I highly recommend it - it's quite useful and has a light on it too. And lastly, there are options for puzzle box stands. Puzzle Peak has a nifty little product that will serve your purpose.
Here's our most searched Jigsaw Puzzle Accessories page links:
- Jigsaw Puzzle Lights - For lots of details and advice on lights, this page will give you enough information to help you make a solid decision.
- Jigsaw Puzzle Tables - Looking for table options? There's a few ideas here that will help you make some good choices
- Puzzle Tables - I am sharing this link because there is instructions to build your own table with measurements if you are interested.
- Jigsaw Puzzle Mats - These Grateful House Puzzle Mats were sent to me for testing and they are by far the highest quality mat I have ever seen. With the quality comes the price however, if used responsibly, they will be a lifetime accessory.
- Jigsaw Puzzle Trays - When you open this link, you will see the Grateful House jigsaw puzzle review for Cats Playing Poker, but it has the Grateful House puzzle trays which I love! I have a few different options of trays that I use but I am getting the most use out of these ones because I can link up 1 a 1000 piece puzzle in these trays, then stack them up - works perfect for me!
- Jigsaw Puzzle Scoop - What puzzler could be without this perfect little tool! It's not only a scoop but also a magnify glass AND has a light on it - extremely useful and highly recommended.
- Jigsaw Puzzle Box Stand - Make your puzzle experience more enjoyable with the convenience of using these PuzzlePeak.com box stands. It's the small size of these that make a big difference for seeing your puzzle image without that contact glare - well worth it!