The 12 Days of Christmas Jigsaw Puzzle
The 12 Days of Christmas jigsaw puzzle is one of my favourites because it reminds me of the song.
First of all, Springbok is known for great quality jigsaw puzzles, this one included. It's a very colourful image showing "The Twelve Days of Christmas". It has 1000 pieces finishing at 24x30 inches.
Springbok jigsaw puzzle
12 Twelve Days of Christmas puzzle
Artist: Lynn Bywaters
1000 pieces - 24" x 30" (Buy on eBay)
It clearly depicts the 12 day images attached to the song "Twelve Days of Christmas". So the image is like 12 little mini areas to complete. Springbok uses odd cut shaped pieces but not so small like some of the other "shaped-puzzle images", so I like that about it very much.
I always loved the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and so it was only fitting that when I spotted this puzzle in 2004 that I just had to have it.
And once again I enjoyed the holiday season putting the pieces together with family around helping. It is now viewed annually as decor among my other Christmas jigsaw puzzles.
Now to help you spot the 12 Days of Christmas images I have also included the song for you!
The 12 Days of Christmas
On the first day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
A Partridge in a Pear Tree
2 Turtle Doves
3 French Hens
4 Calling Birds
5 Golden Rings
6 Geese a Laying
7 Swans a Swimming
8 Maids a Milking
9 Ladies Dancing
10 Lords a Leaping
11 Pipers Piping
12 Drummers Drumming
I highly recommend Springbok jigsaw puzzles. The 12 Days of Christmas jigsaw puzzle is only one of the many I have in my hobby collection.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR - With her self-published book and over 300 jigsaw puzzle reviews, Linda has established herself as a prominent social media marketing influencer and jigsaw puzzle-preneur. If you want to send Linda a quick message, visit her contact page here.
We have collected a massive list of jigsaw puzzles in numerous categories on our Amazon Store link. It's a quick way to browse most current puzzles and/or specific seasons, accessories and themes. Makes for a terrific one-stop jigsaw puzzle gift giving shopping centre. CLICK HERE
About Jigsaw Puzzlers
Exploring the Diverse Personalities of Jigsaw Puzzle Enthusiasts
Jigsaw puzzles have long captivated individuals of all walks of life, providing a unique form of entertainment and relaxation. The people who enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles come from various backgrounds and possess distinct personalities. In this article, we will delve into the different personality types of jigsaw puzzle enthusiasts, including the term "dissectologist," the qualities of collectors and hoarders, and the driving force behind the desire to possess certain puzzles.
- The Dissectologist: Passionate Problem-Solvers
The term "dissectologist" has been coined to describe individuals who revel in the process of solving jigsaw puzzles. These enthusiasts possess a deep curiosity and enjoy the challenge of breaking down complex images into smaller, manageable pieces. Dissectologists are often patient, detail-oriented, and persistent in their pursuit of completing a puzzle.
- Collectors: Seeking Variety and Mastery
Many jigsaw puzzle enthusiasts are avid collectors. They take delight in acquiring and assembling a wide range of puzzle designs, often driven by a desire for variety and the satisfaction of building an extensive collection. Collectors are motivated by the pursuit of mastery, constantly seeking new challenges and honing their puzzle-solving skills.
- Hoarders: The Love for Possessing Puzzles
Some individuals who enjoy jigsaw puzzles exhibit hoarding tendencies, driven by an emotional attachment to the puzzles themselves. These individuals find joy in owning and preserving a vast array of puzzles, often displaying them as a source of pride. The act of collecting and possessing the puzzles becomes an integral part of their identity and serves as a source of comfort.
- The Thrill of Completion: Must-Have Puzzles
Certain jigsaw puzzle enthusiasts experience an intense drive to acquire specific puzzles. Whether it's a rare edition, a limited release, or a puzzle featuring a beloved theme, the allure of "must-have" puzzles is irresistible to these individuals. The excitement and sense of accomplishment that come with completing these coveted puzzles fuel their passion.
- Social Puzzle Solvers: Connecting and Bonding
For some, jigsaw puzzles serve as a means of social connection. These individuals relish the opportunity to gather with friends or family, working collaboratively to solve puzzles. The act of puzzle-solving becomes a shared experience, fostering teamwork, communication, and a sense of camaraderie.
- Therapeutic Solitude: Escape and Relaxation
Many puzzle enthusiasts find solace and relaxation in the solitary act of solving puzzles. The process of fitting pieces together offers a respite from daily stressors, allowing individuals to enter a state of mindfulness and focus. Puzzling serves as a form of self-care, promoting mental well-being and providing a temporary escape from the demands of everyday life.
The world of jigsaw puzzle enthusiasts is as diverse as the puzzle pieces they meticulously connect. From the dissectologists who relish the challenge to collectors driven by the pursuit of mastery, and the hoarders who find comfort in possession, each personality type brings a unique perspective and passion to the world of jigsaw puzzles.
Whether seeking the thrill of completion or the joy of social connection, puzzle enthusiasts find solace, relaxation, and fulfillment in the art of puzzle-solving.
(ChatGPT, personal communication, June 20, 2023)
About Jigsaw Puzzles: Unveiling the Benefits of Doing Jigsaw Puzzles
A Therapeutic Journey
Jigsaw puzzles have long captivated individuals of all ages, offering not only a fun pastime but also a myriad of benefits for mental well-being. From enhancing cognitive skills to promoting relaxation, the act of piecing together puzzles goes beyond entertainment. In this article, we explore the remarkable benefits of engaging in jigsaw puzzles, shedding light on the positive effects they have on our minds and bodies.
- Cognitive Stimulation: Jigsaw puzzles serve as a workout for the brain, stimulating cognitive functions such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and spatial reasoning. As we examine puzzle pieces, analyze patterns, and make connections, our brains become engaged in a captivating mental exercise.
- Improved Memory: Engaging in jigsaw puzzles helps enhance short-term memory and reinforce long-term memory. Remembering shapes, colors, and patterns, and recalling their positions throughout the puzzle aids in memory retention and retrieval.
- Focus and Concentration: Solving jigsaw puzzles requires sustained focus and concentration. By immersing ourselves in the task at hand, we train our minds to block out distractions, strengthen our attention span, and improve our ability to stay focused on a specific goal.
- Stress Relief: Puzzling acts as a therapeutic escape from the stresses of everyday life. As we immerse ourselves in the puzzle-solving process, our minds become engrossed, creating a sense of mindfulness and providing a temporary respite from worries and anxieties.
- Boost in Dopamine Levels: Completing a puzzle triggers the release of dopamine, a neurotransmitter associated with pleasure and reward. This surge in dopamine creates a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, reinforcing the positive feelings associated with puzzle solving.
- Enhanced Fine Motor Skills: Manipulating puzzle pieces and fitting them together requires precise hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. Regularly engaging in puzzles can help improve dexterity, agility, and the coordination between our hands and eyes.
- Social Interaction: Puzzling can be a social activity that fosters connection and collaboration. Solving puzzles with family or friends encourages communication, teamwork, and shared accomplishment, enhancing social bonds and creating lasting memories.
- Patience and Perseverance: Completing a complex puzzle requires patience and perseverance. As we encounter challenges and setbacks, we learn to persist, develop problem-solving strategies, and build resilience—a valuable skillset that extends beyond puzzle-solving.
- Mental Relaxation and Mindfulness: The meditative nature of jigsaw puzzles can induce a state of relaxation, promoting mindfulness and reducing stress levels. The repetitive and calming motions of sorting and connecting pieces can have a soothing effect on the mind, allowing for a tranquil escape from daily pressures.
- Sense of Achievement: The satisfaction of placing that final puzzle piece and witnessing the complete image provides a profound sense of achievement. This sense of accomplishment boosts self-esteem, instills a sense of pride, and fosters a positive mindset.
By embracing the benefits of jigsaw puzzles, we unlock not only an enjoyable hobby but also a path to mental well-being. Whether you're seeking cognitive stimulation, stress relief, or a moment of mindfulness, engaging in puzzles can enrich your life and provide a therapeutic journey that transcends the puzzle board. So gather your puzzles, sharpen your focus, and embark on this fulfilling adventure of piecing together fragments to create something beautiful and whole.
(ChatGPT, personal communication, June 20, 2023)